Show me the money
With all this talk of shopping, chances are, your wallet’s already feeling a little lighter. But at least you can feel better knowing it’s not as light as most other Coloradans. According to a new study by SmartAsset, a New York financial technology company, La Plata County is one of the financially healthiest places in Colorado. The study analyzed debt, bankruptcy, poverty and unemployment in counties across the state for the rankings.
According to the study, the top 10 bank-happiest counties in Colorado are:
1. Douglas (south of Denver, including Parker and Castle Rock)
2. Pitkin (Aspen)
3. Grand (Granby, Winter Park)
4. Eagle (Vail, Edwards, Eagle)
5. Chaffee (Salida, B.V.)
6. La Plata (that’s us)
7. Elbert (southeast of Denver)
8. Summit (Breck, Silverthorne, Frisco)
9. Jefferson (Lakewood, Golden, Evergreen)
10. Gunnison (Gunny, Crested Butte)
For a more thorough breakdown and all the stats your numerically over-taxed brain can handle, go to: smartasset.com/retirement/financial-advisor#Colorado.